About the Scholarship
Congratulations! You’re getting ready to graduate from high school, and to move on to the next phase of your education. Applying for this scholarship is easy – and a little extra help paying for training or college is always a good idea!
Scholarships can be as much as $1,500 per year, renewable for up to 4 years (you must maintain a 2.5 GPA each semester). The awarded scholarship may vary depending on the type and cost of your program.
This scholarship is only for current seniors, graduating in June, 2020, who are:
- Graduating from one of our schools;
- Planning to attend an accredited 2- or 4-year college or technical training or certificate program in 2020; and,
- Can demonstrate their financial need.*
Students attending colleges or programs in Vermont will be given special consideration.
[So if you don’t meet all of those criteria, sorry – this isn’t the scholarship for you.]
* Wondering what “demonstrated financial need” means? Well, it’s all relative – but generally, if your annual household income is less than $80,000, you are more likely to qualify for this need-based scholarship. If your family income is much higher than this, you are unlikely to qualify.
How Do I Apply?
Here are the instructions for applying for the Alchemist Opportunity Fund Scholarship. We’ve tried to make it as easy as possible, but if you run into any questions, don’t hesitate to send us an email.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- The Application Form
- A copy of your transcript (which you would get from your Guidance Department).
- The last page (confirmation page) of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA, showing your Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- The statement provided by your program or college showing your cost of attendance, and your financial aid package showing any financial aid & merit awards.
- Three (3) Recommendations (they can write letters, or use the simple forms from the Application):
- one from a teacher
- one from a community member (not family)
- one from a friend of yours
Put it all together, use the checklist included in the Application, and submit it by the deadline (TBA- it will be in May 2020). Email it to us, mail it to the address below, or or drop it off at your Guidance Office.
You will hear from the Scholarship Committee in early June, and the first installation of funds will be awarded at your school’s Awards ceremony in June. Questions? Send us an email. We’re happy to answer any questions you have.